CONTACTINTEGRATED LOGISTICS SYSTEMS
Tel: (+49) 0721-97037-27
LATEST NEWSNew Homepage online
Over the last few decades, a certain autonomisation of dynamics and complexity has become apparent in commerce and manufacturing.
On the one hand, production is relocated due to cost and wage issues. On the other hand, growth can only be achieved through opening up new markets. Internal process optimisation is no longer proving sufficient, since its savings and improvement potentials have largely been exhausted.
Production planning and control processes through PPS concepts
Production planning and control are at the centre of any manufacturing company and have a large impact on the performance of your products and therefore the performance of your company.
You should look critically at your order processing, in particular the production planning and control, materials management and the PPS systems and methods used.
Only if you have effective production planning processes that are tailored to your company will you achieve excellent planning quality. Improved production planning and the use of efficient control concepts/principles can optimise your company’s production supply and its ability to deliver on time considerably. As a result, you will also ensure short throughput times and lower stock levels at your company.
As experienced PPS consultants, we support you in designing your production planning and control processes.
Using our own custom software, we are able to identify the weak points of your PPS system.
We will find out whether the required parameters such as
- batch sizes
- production times
- machine capacities
- bills of material
are maintained and calculated correctly.
Objectives of a successful PPS system
- Realisation of short throughput times
- Schedule effectiveness
- Optimum stock levels
- Efficient use of resources
Benefits to you:
- Reduction in stock levels and better stock transparency
- Increase in throughput at bottlenecks
- Reduction in throughput times
- Reduction in set-up costs
- Optimised batch sizes and defined production flows
- Optimised PPS capacity planning and scheduling
- Increases in delivery performance and customer satisfaction
- Optimisation of your production planning and control
- Reduction of set-up times through optimised production flow planning, taking into account optimum batch sizes
- Planning of optimum batch sizes
- Determination and definition of optimum material coverage for all products
- Reducing stock levels through optimisation of order planning and corresponding dimensioning of control loops
- Identification of your bottleneck resources and development of alternative rescheduling rules